Monday, April 21, 2014

My First Quilt Along!

And it's Cynthia's Scrap-a-palooza on Quilting is More Fun Than Housework.

And....drumrollllll......!!

Yesterday's Colour! post was my 100th post!!  I only realized that when I opened Blogger this evening!  I'm pretty proud of that.  I'm also all "pshaw" but "chuffed" as my mum would say (Lancashire dialect, I'm sure) that I've had comments from a REAL blogger who's movin' on up in the quilting world, Christa, of Christa Quilts!, a comment from Jules in the UK, Barbara in Georgia (so happy she told me what all the gorgeous colours were: dogwood), Janette in New York, and 100 comments from my dear sweet sister, Linda.  And lest we not forget, my infamous Guest Post.  My first post was Ta da! back on September 18, 2013.  I just reread it, and I don't feel quite so dumb at still not knowing how to do certain things on Blogger because it took me 15 minutes that day to figure out how to upload a picture!

Accomplishments:
I've learned how to add Labels.

I've finally got the "Blogs I Follow" to allow me to post the URLs of those I follow (have to add them one by one, but hopefully Blogger will soon fix that issue).  It was I who raised the frustration on a Blogger forum!  There are several out there having the same problem, so it has led to some interesting discussion.

However....
I still can't figure out how to add symbols like happy faces.  I tried to make (and I think I was successful) a new page, but I can't see it on my blog.  I can't figure out how to have tabs at the top so I could put tutorials under one tab, for example.  I also still can't figure out how to "grab" someone's button to show my participation in a project (like this quiltalong). Grrr. Sigh.  Ha!  There should be a Craftsy class on "how to use Blogger"!

Anyhow, I'm still on the learning curve with this, so please bear with my rather boringly set up blog for a little longer.

Back to tonight's topic, joining a quiltalong.

I just love what Cynthia is doing, and so wanted to hop on board, but my stash and Rubbermaid containers with ziplocs inside, plus my plastic Sterilite drawers all full of scraps were here in Kingsville.  So I'm just now starting Part 1 of her first Scrap Quilt, Horizontal Bar Scrappy Quilt.

Writing the Colour! post where I mused about possible quilts inspired by all the colour I saw on our trip home sent me downstairs last night where I pulled out my ziploc of purple, and opened my one drawer of purple (hmm, don't have a whole lot, comparatively speaking) and tonight even went to my shelf of purple (on a shelf means I've got at least 1/2 yard of the piece of fabric).  I cut a bunch last night,
60 - 5" X varying heights patches

and had planned to finish cutting today.  However, an unplanned couple of hours playing Pickleball this morning (it was a beautiful day), followed by dog walking, lunch outside, phonecalls and computer stuff, a little light reading of a quilt magazine, Yin yoga, both lesson planning and then 2.5 hours to drive there, teach, and drive home, left pretty much zilch of my day for sewing.  Oh well.  There's always tomorrow.

I now need 60 greens.  It was awesome to be in my "studio" within 2 days of arriving home, creating!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So happy you are joining in. Those berry colored scraps are going to work great on this quilt. I look forward to seeing it progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100 comments??!! Yikes!!! So that's where all my time has been disappearing to!

    ReplyDelete